Information We May Collect
Active Information Collection: Like many websites, we collect information from our visitors from various means, including by asking specific questions on this Website, by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail, and by allowing you to apply for employment. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). When you visit the Website, we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
Passive Information Collection: Some of the information we collect depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. In addition to the information sent by your web browser, as you navigate through internet websites, certain information may be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means. These technologies include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Cookies: From time to time, we may place information on your computer to allow us to identify you. This information is known as a “cookie” and uniquely identifies your browser and helps us enhance your navigation through the Website. A cookie may also convey anonymous information about how you browse the Website to us. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. By understanding how and when our visitors use the Site, we can continually improve our Site, as well as our products and services. If you wish to disable cookies, your browser can be reset to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent.
- Tracers: In some instances, we use tracking scripts or “tracers” that recognize a unique identifier from a cookie placed on your hard drive by another website. These are used by Heico to gauge the success of our own advertising. We do not use tracers to gather information on your use of the internet unrelated to your interest in Heico. Please note that Heico does not use tracers to determine your personally identifiable information, and you remain anonymous.
- Web beacons: Heico reserves the right to use electronic images known as web beacons, also referred to as single-pixel gifs, and any other successor technology, that permit us to count users who have visited certain Website pages and for other related statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
Heico uses the actively collected information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Website, to provide information and services, and to help us better understand your needs and interests. Heico collects personally identifiable information only when it is reasonably related to your use of the Website or participation in the activities we offer. For example, if you provide your resume to Heico for purposes of obtaining employment, the resume will be used for activities related to your potential employment.
Passive information collected by Heico is not used to access your personally identifiable information. This information may be used to compile aggregated statistics concerning the use of this Website, such as determining what areas of the Website are most popular, which areas may require improvement, and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information may also be used for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches, to protect Heico from fraud, and to provide you with a safe online environment.
Limitations on the Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for the Website.
We may store personal information in locations outside the direct control of Heico (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Heico collects personally identifiable information on the Heico Website, Heico will:
- provide timely and appropriate notice to you about its data practices herein;
- collect, use, disclose and transfer your personally identifiable information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the personally identifiable information, legal requirements, and other factors;
- collect your personally identifiable information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
- process your personally identifiable information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
- take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personally identifiable information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
- not use your personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes without giving you an opportunity to “opt-out”; and
- take appropriate measures, by contract or otherwise, to provide adequate protection for personally identifiable information that is disclosed to a third party or transferred to another country, including transfers within Heico.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
Heico retains the personally identifiable information collected on the Website as long as necessary to provide the services, products and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
Third Party Websites
International Transfers of Personally Identifiable Information
This Website is hosted in the United States of America. If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, you should note that by providing your personal information, you are authorizing us to store and use your personal information in the United States which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. If you access and use this Website outside the United States, you are responsible for complying with your local laws and regulations.
Updated November 1, 2017
The entire contents of this Website (including all information, software, text, displays, images and audio) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to Heico or its licensors and are protected by United States and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the content on the Heico Website for non-commercial or personal use, or legitimate business informational purposes related to your role as a current or prospective employee, customer, supplier or distributor of Heico. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, sell, republish, store, transmit, exploit or distribute any of the material on this Website without the prior written consent of Heico.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
The website, the site content and the products and services provided on or available through this website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, with all faults. Neither Heico nor any person associated with Heico makes any warranty or representation with respect to the quality, accuracy or availability of the website. Specifically, but without limiting the foregoing, neither Heico nor anyone associated with Heico warrants or represents that the Heico website, the site content or the services provided on or through this website will be accurate, reliable, error-free or uninterrupted; that defects will be corrected; that the Heico website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components; or that the Heico website will otherwise meet your needs or expectations. Heico disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. In no event will heico, its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns, or its licensors or contractors be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, the website, the site content, any services provided on or through this website or any linked site, including any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including, but not limited to, personal injury, lost profits or damages resulting from delay, interruption in service, viruses, deletion of files or electronic communications, or errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the website or the site content, whether or not there is negligence by heico and whether or not heico has been advised of the possibility of any such damages.
By using the Website and/or any of its Contents, you agree that, to the extent permitted by law, you will defend, indemnify and hold Heico, its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors or assigns harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from your use of the Website, any violation of these Terms by You, or any User Content you transmit on or through the Website.
Third Party Websites
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to this Website provided such link does not portray Heico or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, or derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner. You may not use Heico’s logo, trade marks, or other proprietary graphic to link to this Website without the express written permission of Heico. This right may be revoked at any time.
Heico controls and operates this Website from its offices in the United States of America. Persons who access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Enforcement/Choice of Law/Choice of Forum
Updated November 1, 2017